We live in a lovely 3 bedroom semi detached house on a quiet cul-de-sac in Toton. The downstairs of the property is open plan therefore the children will be in sight at all times. Child led and free play is encouraged, we will have themes and activities throughout the year which the children will be encouraged to participate in but it is not essential. I have a wide range of age appropriate toys available. I am a keen baker so the children will get lots of hands on, messy experience at baking and taking nibbles home to their parents. I have a travel cot available for babies naps and a pushchair available for toddlers naps if required. I am a keen pianist and therefore have a piano available for sing alongs and music time.
Our house is on a corner plot therefore we have two gardens;
Our working garden, which includes;
- Growing our own fruit and vegetables (which the children will be able to get involved with and eat the produce)
- Keeping our chickens (which is a great educational tool for children to learn where eggs come from)
- A trampoline
The other garden is our fun garden, which includes;
- A swing (with available baby attachment)
- Tree House style climbing frame with slide
- Sandpit and water play
- Ride on toys
- A selection of outdoor toys and age appropriate paddling pools for those summer days
I will be open term time only from 7:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. I am pretty flexible if you require hours or days outside the normal hours and weekdays.
I cook healthy nutritious meals from fresh ingredients on a meal by meal basis. My fee’s are; £1 for breakfast, £1.50 for Lunch, £2 for Dinner and 50p for snacks.
Alternatively if you would prefer to provide me with your childs food for the day I can accommodate this and will ensure the food is kept fresh until meal times.
The use of the great outdoors is encouraged and I aim to get out and about daily and in all weathers. I will also take the children to the library, parks, play centres, dance groups and play groups all included in the price.
While you are on holiday half fees apply, you will be required to give me a minimum of 4 weeks notice.
While I am holiday no payment is due, I will give you a minimum of 4 weeks notice.
If I or my children are ill and I cannot mind your child then no payment is due.
If your child is ill and does not attend then the normal fee applies.
- Nappies/cream/wet wipes
- A change of clothes in a rucksack/bag (please provide a few pairs of pants if potty training)
- Sun cream/sun hat
- Wellies for rainy/muddy days
- Hats, gloves and scarf in cold weather
- Baby formula and Bottles
- Comfort toys/blankets
- Medication if required
- Coat/rain coat appropriate to the day’s weather
- Food (if applicable)
- 1st Stage Car Seat (if applicable)
- Aprons for messy play
- Age appropriate cups and beakers
- Plates and cutlery
- High chair
- Travel cot and sleeping blankets/pillows (if applicable)
- Toddler Car seat / Booster Seat
Childminders are required to implement the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which allows us to assess your child’s development through observations and then planning activities through games and play for the next stage based on their ability and likes & dislikes. It covers the development of your child and has 7 key areas of learning, these are:
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design
If you would like more information regarding the EYFS please find it here; EYFS Statutory Framework
Each child in my care will have an online learning journal. This journal will include observations, artwork & photographs of your child (if applicable); you as their parent will receive a login to this online journal and will receive daily updates from this system.
Children are so different from one to another therefore the daily routine I set out may vary from day to day, depending on the children present. I will aim to meet the individual needs of each child first and foremost but also to provide a fun and stimulating day. Below is a typical day at my setting but as mentioned above, the specific needs of the children will be met first and foremost and as such the timings/activities may change. You will be provided with forms to fill out prior to your child starting at my setting, which will inform me of your child’s specific needs, routine and likes and dislikes which will help me create the right setting for them.
|7:30 – 8:30||Children Arrive, Breakfast & Child Led Play|
|8:30 – 9:15||School Run Drop Off|
|9:30 – 11:30||Trip to the Park / Playgroup and snack|
|12:00 – 12:30||Lunch|
|12:30 – 14:00||Nap Time or Quiet Time (Dependent on age)|
|14:00 – 15:00||Activity based on observatories of childs free play and snack|
|15:00 – 15:30||School Pick Ups|
|15:30 – 17:00||Child Led Play and Reading|
|17:00 – 17:30||Dinner|
|17:30 – 18:00||Child Led Play / TV Time|
As a parent myself, I understand how difficult it is for parents to leave their child with a childminder. It is important that your child is settled and that you are happy with the care I am to provide. Settling in sessions for the parents and child give us all an opportunity to get to know each other. It gives you the chance to provide me with lots of information about your child, their likes and dislikes, routines, favourite activities, how to comfort them if they become upset and how they have reacted when left before. I can start to build a relationship with you and your child and to understand both your needs and wishes. A two hour session will be available free of charge.
There will be a list of parent permission forms, emergency contact information and a contract you will need to read through and sign. These will include:
- Confirmation and Agreement of Policies
- Permission for Routine Outings with the Childminder
- Release of Information Permission
- Sun Protection Cream Application Permission
- Observation Permission
- Outdoor Play Equipment Permission
- Transporting in a Vehicle Permission
- Photo ID Permission
- Photo Permission
- Public Transport Permission
- Day Trip Permission
- Permission for Emergency Medical Treatment
- Permission for Non Prescription Medicines
- Permission to be Collected by a Named Person